Melbourne in Winter – Ways to Improve Video Production Value
It’s cold out there, but what does a video producer do in his spare time? I’m afraid so, I take photo’s and videos. Sad I know. Here’s and example. A bunch of random shots I’ll put under the theme Melbourne in Winter. It includes some footage taken at a farm in Violet Town, two hours North of Melbourne, so strictly it’s Winter in Victoria.
Touches which add production value to look out for:
- time lapse
- slider shots to ‘reveal’ or to move the foreground against the background
- framing and movement to lead the eye to a focal point
- back lighting
- brightness and colour correction to give a cold winter feel
- rack focus, to change your point of focus during a scene
- Gimble shots
- meteor explosions in the night sky – effects
These things (except perhaps the last) can be used to establish a tone or mood for your clip.