How to plan your video clip
What’s the saying? Fail to plan, plan to fail. So true, with making a video. A script is the starting point and main planning tool for most of the short clips we make.
- Identify the key message and emotion to communicate
- Review others videos to see what to aim for and how to differ
- Sketch out the dialogue, intro, body, conclusion, 150 words per minute of video approx
- imagine the vision and think about timing, to match the dialogue. Shots can last as little as one or two seconds
- Sometimes match the music rhythm to the pace of shots.
By Keith Rhodes